The Ontario Government has Introduced a Made-in-Ontario Environment Plan
This plan will result in:
- increased investment in Canada's clean technology sector.
- support for and continuing to uphold renewable energy-cost competitiveness in Ontario.
- more jobs in the skilled trades.
- increased investments in clean technology.
- reduced emissions and energy bills.
Solar Energy is a Critical Part of this Plan
Ontario's plan will work in conjunction with Federal government changes to tax policy and the depreciation of clean energy equipment. Businesses will be able to divert income to later years. It will be easier to invest in clean energy technology, reducing fossil fuel consumption.
The government is also initiating the Carbon Trust for the private sector to promote investments in:
- Solar energy
- Battery storage
- Electric vehicle charging infrastructure
- Other clean technology
The benefits of this plan will have a ripple effect throughout the entire economy. Supporting a clean approach helps businesses remain competitive, while taking steps to reduce their green house emissions.
To download the complete Ontario Environment Plan, click here: