Residential and Commercial Solar Panels
The Leader in Renewable Energy
The Hayter Group is the leader across South Western Ontario in renewable energy and green alternative solutions. It’s why we have been chosen consistently by homeowners who are looking to use solar as a way to initiate a sound investment strategy, while reducing their ecological footprint.
We have worked with businesses, as well as everyday people like you, to help them turn their homes, farms and businesses into revenue generating micro solar farms that sell power to the grid.
The Hayter Group has teamed up with Hanwha, CanadianSolar & SolarEdge, some of the world’s leaders in solar, so we can provide our customers with the best possible products and solutions for their investment and environmental needs.
Net Metering is the most common way that homeowners and businesses can start producing their own clean renewable energy.
With a net metering systems, you install solar panels to produce electricity for your own use. There are many days in the summer months where your system will produce more electricity than you can consume. The excess energy is fed back to the grid and you accumulate credits. You can use these credits to offset the power you need to buy on cloudy days or during the winter months.
If you look at the cost of installing solar panels spread over 25 years, you can produce your own electricity for as low as 12¢ kWh. That’s less than many customers are paying today when you factor in peak hour rates and the extra grid charges. We also know that the cost of hydro continues to escalate every year. Once you invest in your solar array, your power will stay at the same cost for the life of the system (30 years or more).
Is Net Metering right for you? Call the Hayter Group today. We’ll visit your property for a free assessment. We’ll make sure that you have a place on your property suitable for a solar array. We’ll make sure you can get a grid connection*. We fill out all the paperwork for you. Once we get all the necessary approvals, we provide a turn-key solution for you.
* Not all rural properties can get a grid connection, your area may have all the green energy connections that the local grid can handle. In most urban areas, it’s not a problem.
The video below from Hydro One does a good job of explaining the grid and how they determine if you can get a grid connection:
Off-Grid solar installations are completely separate from the hydro grid. Power produced by solar panels is stored in batteries for use at night or on cloudy days. Off-Grid installations do not make economic sense in South-Western Ontario. Batteries are very expensive and we do not get enough sun in the winter to power a home. Typically an off-grid installation will require a fossil fuel generator to give you enough power in the winter months.
We have a very extensive power grid in South-Western Ontario. There is no economic or environmental reason for taking a home off-grid. For this reason, we do not carry off-grid equipment and we do not offer off-grid installations.
If you are considering an off-grid solar installation, please give us a call. We believe the best route is to start with a grid-tie system. In the future, add batteries for back-up power or to go completely off-grid.
Many people see solar panels on a roof and think they are there to provide protection from power failures. While this is possible, it is still very costly. The vast majority of systems you see do not have batteries for back-up power.
Batteries store power which can be used during power interruptions. The Hayter Group uses inverters by SolarEdge which can accommodate batteries. Down the road as technologies improve and battery prices drop, you can add batteries for back-up power to a system that you buy today.
We advise customers to take advantage of net-metering systems currently being offered and keep the flexibility to change your system in the future. When it makes economic sense to add battery back-up capability, your system will accommodate it.
Why Invest in Solar?
- You can produce your own power for about the same cost that you are paying today.
- Unlike current hydro rates, your cost of power will not change for the next 30 years.
- You can produce as much power as your home consumes.
- You will still get bills for hydro, they will be offset by credits from your own power production.
- You will reduce your carbon footprint.
- You will increase the value of your home.
Why You Should Choose South-Western Ontario’s Leader in Renewable Energy
- We handle all of the (often confusing) government paperwork for you and guide you through the entire process.
- We monitor your system for life and will address any issues immediately & professionally
- Unlike others, we have an exclusive 25 year Hayter Trust Warranty so you are protected no matter what (Just makes Sense.)
- We are a licensed electrical contractor who can legally install and maintain all of your equipment (Not all installers are.)
- We only use our own highly trained employees for installation and service (No Sub Contractors–No Sub standard to worry about.)
- We offer 24 hour service with a stocked warehouse so you don’t have to wait for repairs (in the unlikely event that there are repairs needed).
- Second generation family business, established in 1952.
Have you ever wondered if it makes sense to put solar panels on your roof?
We make it easy to find out. Just fill out the form below. We look at your home using Google satellite photos. We can determine if the area on your roof is large enough and receives enough sun to make a solar panel installation practical.
With your address, we can also determine how easy it will be to obtain a grid-tie from your local utility. Some areas do not have the grid capacity to allow for more solar installations.
We’ll give you all this information at not charge and you can decide if you’d like us to visit you for a complete assessment of your property. To get started, just complete the form below and click submit.
Please Note: We can only respond for addresses in our South-Western Ontario market area.
Before you fill out the form, a little more about what we do:
- We install rooftop solar arrays on homes and businesses, installations typically start at $15,000 for a system that is large enough to be practical. The Hayter Group can assist you in obtaining financing o.a.c.
A few things we don't do:
- We don't sell solar panels for boats and rv's.
- We don't offer 'Free' Solar Panels or 'Rent Your Roof'.
- We don't do 'Off-Grid' installations.