- General Laborers will be responsible to support the Service and Install Supervisor while in the shop and support the Lead installers while in the field.
- General Laborers are responsible to follow the instructions of their immediate supervisor.
- General Laborers are expected to work in a safe manner at all times.
- This will be an hourly paid position with the hours of work typically being regular hours (44) during the year, however in seasonal busy time from June 15- Dec. 31 the hours could exceed this and in some weeks substantially more hours with overnight stays from time to time.
- Must wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as necessary.
- Must be willing to learn new skills and accept new responsibilities.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, as required.
- Help keep the shop/job site tidy and free of clutter at all times.
- Help keep the tools and supplies in the vans organized.
- Attend all scheduled training classes.
- Minimum grade 12 diploma.
- Must be able to work co-operatively with other employees.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Handwriting must be neat and legible.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time on concrete or dirt floors, roofs and truss structures.
- Must be able to work in confined areas such as crawl spaces.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects safely.
- Must be able to tolerate hot and cold environments and handle weather elements considered less than desirable.