Geothermal Rebates up to $20,000
Rebates totalling up to $20,000.00 have just been announced for homeowners who install a geothermal system (ground source heat pump) to heat and cool their home.
The rebates are funded through proceeds from Ontario’s carbon market, the Green Ontario Fund is a not-for-profit provincial agency with an objective of reducing Ontario's carbon footprint.
By harnessing the underground temperature of the earth, you can heat and cool your home more efficiently, reduce carbon emissions, remove the need for a dehumidifier and cut heating costs by as much as 70%.
To take advantage of the program you must:
- Be a homeowner that lives in a detached house, townhouse or semi.
- Be a homeowner of a new custom home build.
- Be a landlord who has obtained permission from your tenants.
- Use a participating contractor.
The Hayter Group will handle the entire installation of the system, and submit the rebate request for you. All you need to do is validate that the work has been completed, submitting your proof of purchase. The rebate will arrive in 4-8 weeks.
Available rebates vary with the type and size of geothermal system you purchase.
Horizontal Closed-Loop Heat Pump
If you have sufficient land, a horizontal loop system is probably the most cost-effective way to go. Pipes are laid out in trenches requiring 600 ft. of pipe per ton. The average 2,000 sq. foot home typically requires 3,000 feet of pipe installed using an excavator.
- REBATE: $2,000 per loop ton, to a maximum of $15,000.
- If you live on a landscaped or treed lot, The Hayter Group can install a system using directional bore, so we do not disturb the property.
Vertical Closed-Loop Heat Pump
If you have a town or city lot a vertical loop system is the solution. A minimum of 360 feet of pipe per ton is required.
- REBATE: $3,000 per loop ton, to a maximum of $20,000.
- A common vertical system has 6 bore holes spaced 15 feet apart.
Existing Geothermal Systems
If your existing geothermal system is at least 20 years old and you need to replace your heat pump or repair your ground loops.
- REBATE: $750 per loop ton, to replace a heat pump.
- REBATE: $750 per loop ton, to replace a ground loop.
The Hayter Group will guide you regarding the minimum technical requirements of the system you purchase to obtain the rebates. We will also be able to tell you what energy savings you can expect from your new system, the applicable rebates, warranty coverage and set up a yearly maintenance schedule.
Investments to reduce your carbon footprint, geothermal and solar.
How to Get Started:
Have you ever wondered if geothermal heating and cooling make sense for your home. Start by completing our geothermal evaluation form.
Selecting a contractor is just as important as selecting your geothermal equipment. Click here to learn why you should consider The Hayter Group for your new geothermal system.